Monday, April 13, 2015

The Malcor Family - MDSM109

The MDS Monday Blog (really Heidi) has a new sketch for us today MDSM109.  You may view all the great pages created by the design team here:

I used photos that were taken of our "Malcor Family" photo shoot in California in Dec 2014.  I had a hard time figuring out what papers to use... as each photo had different colors in them (and my brother-in-law's family all had bright red scarves on). After spending a lot of time changing out papers... I said why don't I just change the photos to black and white! Whew! After that things went a whole lot easier. LOL!

I used photo boxes for each square, and the boxes that do not have photos in them -- I used the 'Love Story Project Life cards'.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Background - Whisper White
Stamp Brush Set - Vintage Overlays (Basic Gray)
Embellishments - Love Story cards and leaf (Basic Black at 30% opacity)
Punch - Square (filled w/Basic Gray)
Font - Pristina (Basic Black)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

10 comments:

  1. Wow Diane, this page is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the black and white idea, and the Love Story download is one of my favorites, so to me, the page is perfection. Love the overlay you used in the background, and the leaves that you added along the sides too. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Diane! I love you family photos and the whole page is great in black and white, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page, Diane! I love that you did the whole thing in black and white. It looks great! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love the B&W effect? I love all these family photos! Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I'm so happy we got Mike's family together to do this. We will definitely need to do this for my side too! =)

      Delete
  5. LOVE IT!!!! This is so beautiful with those PL cards... and I love the overlay you used on the background... it's perfect! thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita! The PL cards were so perfect... just add the card...no need to embellish them further.

      Delete