Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Legoland2014



I used a sketch I found on the SweetShoppe website.  Here is the sketch:

Since we went to Legoland in December... I wanted my paper to reflect winter.  Most of my paper that I have in my software, was not what I wanted for my page.  I'll tell you how I created my background piece.  I started with a Basic Black background. I added a square punch shape to encompass the whole page and inserted Christmas Cocoa II DSP (it's originally brown with white snowflakes).  Once added, I changed the opacity on the paper to 20%.  This way you can still see soft snowflakes on the black background. Clever - Huh?

Now, on to how I created the Lego bricks.  No real mystery here. Just square punches with circle punches on top (the shadow I used for each circle is 0,0). Then, I added the Lego name in a text box. Yes, a lot of work, but it was so worth it.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Background - Basic Black
Punch - Square (filled w/ Christmas Cocoa II DSP #3; Real Red, Summer Sun, Pacific Point, Gumball Green); Circle (filled w/Real Red, Summer Sun, Pacific Point and Gumball Green)
Font - LegoThick (Basic Black and Basic Gray) and Cerebral (Basic Gray)




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment