Sunday, April 19, 2015

Frenzy Day

I wanted to try using the negative image from the leaf part of the Flower Frenzy Bigz L Die on a card. I positioned the black cardstock so just the leaf part would die-cut. Then I turned the cardstock around and die-cut the leaf again.

I adhered the black cardstock on top of the Pear Pizzazz DSP (I used the positive leaf image to make sure the edge pieces that weren't attached were perfectly aligned. Then I trimmed the DSP, so that only the leaf image showed through.

I used the stamp sets 'Borderettes' and 'Big Day' on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and after adhering it, trimmed the edges.

I colored the word 'Birthday' with Pear Pizzazz marker.  I just LOVE how this card turned out -- very striking and has a very masculine feel too (which is what I was going for!).

Thanks for looking!

Supplies Used:
Stamp sets - Borderettes, Big Day
Ink - Memento Ink, Pear Pizzazz
Paper - Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz DSP
Accessories - Big Shot, Flower Frenzy Bigz L Die, scissors


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and great work Diane! So pretty and perfectly masculine, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! Your comments always make me smile! =)

      Delete