Wednesday, April 1, 2015

South Falls -MDS107





I decided to play with the sketch this week on MDS Monday.  You may view the challenge on their blog here: http://mdsmonday.blogspot.com/2015/03/mdsm-107-journaling-with-freeform.html  Cindy has a great sketch - and - such a cool technique to create shaped journaling.

I, too, used the Freeform Tool to create a box. As I am not well versed with this "tool" it took some trial and error to first get a box, and then to have my text go the 'right' way on the box. (The first time I created a box -- the words, when attached, went counter clockwise and inside the box. The second time I created a box -- the words, when attached went clockwise and were outside the box). <--- Interesting - Huh! You learn something new (at least I did) everyday!
Thanks Cindy for the challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Background - Old Olive
Embellishments - Basic Pearls; Basic Gray Grosgrain Ribbon; Feast of Thanks (leaf); Walk in the Park II (leaf border - recolored Sahara Sand); Dahlias
Punch - Square (filled w/Basic Gray DSP and Basic Gray); Eyelet Border (Sahara Sand)
Freeform Tool (created a line box for the journaling to follow path)
Font - Lover's Quarrel and Boho (Whisper White)

10 comments:

  1. Great job Diane! Beautiful page and photo. I love the story too. I'd love to visit there someday; it looks gorgeous. I really love your embellishments. Those leaves are some of my favorites, and that trim is so elegant looking. You always create such beautiful pages. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MDS Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami... the Pacific Northwest is such a beautiful place to enjoy the Great Outdoors! It's great to start exploring Oregon now that the weather is nice (we just moved here from Seattle in January). Thanks so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous page, Diane! I love those colors with the picture. Great use of the Freeform Tool, too! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty page Diane! and I also love your blog header, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment and advice. I'll have another play later on , now I've watched Tami's video - got to go out for dinner first though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Sue! Glad I could help! Have a wonderful dinner... Happy Easter!

      Delete
  5. Love your page! So clean and simple and great complementary colors to the photo! Excellent digital work as always!

    ReplyDelete