Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Raven Falls

Playing with another sketch challenge on MDS Monday Blog (MDSM110).  You may view the challenge here:

With this challenge, Yapha wanted us to use papers at angles and to anchor those papers with a tie or bow. Thanks Yapha!

I wasn't too sure of what photo I would use for this, but I found one of my husband when he was in South Carolina hiking in Caesar's Head State Park with Raven Cliff Falls in the background. I knew I wanted to use green on my page, so I chose to scroll through the color combo choices within MDS. The combo I used is: Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Pool Party and Soft Suede.

After choosing the colors -- my page came together quickly...except for the tie/bow/anchor choice. It took me awhile, but I did find the Summer Starfruit twine (I know it's not Summer Sun, but it's close! lol).

I used the coloring tool to color the 'Inspired by Nature' stamp. I used the 'Decorative Overlay' stamp (flowers) twice on this page.  One for the background -- kinda looks like clouds to me (rotated 90 to the right) ; and one for the paper behind the photo.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Embellishments - Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack (Summer Starfruit thread and bow)
Stamp Brush Sets - Inspired by Nature (flower - Summer Sun, Soft Suede and Old Olive; grass - Always Artichoke); Decorative Overlays (Pool Party and Always Artichoke)
Punches - Square (filled w/Soft Suede DSP; Summer Sun and Whisper White)
Font - Teen Scene (Summer Sun and Soft Suede)



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

16 comments:

  1. Wow, I love what you did with this page! I find it hard to do a manly page, but you used great colors and found the perfect overlays. I really like the wildflowers that you added in the corner as well. Thanks so much for joining us again this week at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page, Diane! I love the colors you used and those flowers in the corner are great! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Beautiful color combo, and great choice of stamps and overlays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be a duplicate msg (I don't see my first one), but your page is worth double praise! Love the colors with the photo and the beautiful flowers and grass really set things off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see your first message, but thank you! =)

      Delete
  5. Inspired by nature is one of my favorite stamps, you used it so perfectly on your page. lovely. thanks for joining us at MDS Monday Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you "tied" it together lol. No really. The stamp used and coloured and the papers... beautiful co-ordination and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors! I love the cone flower accents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous... just gorgeous... you've knocked this one out of the park Diane! I LOVE the way you coloured that stamp... it just pulls everything together!Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete