Tuesday, March 25, 2014

God's Garden - March Progressive Challenge


It's been quite difficult these past few weeks with my Mom passing away last month.  She will be forever missed..... but, I have wonderful memories to draw upon.  My sister-in-law had given me this beautiful poem a year ago.... not sure where she got it from, but it was really lovely.  I wanted to create a scrapbook page using this poem..... to comfort me (and others).

I used a photo from a trip to the Kobuta Gardens here in Seattle.  It's a lovely place....calm and peaceful.

On the Splitcoaststampers website, I used their March Progressive Digi-Scrap Challenge.  With the progressive challenge, they give you several steps each week.  After the 4th week you have one completed scrapbook page!  You may see the start of the challenge here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-f253/march-2014-progressive-challenge-22-task1-03-04-14-a-t584974.html

Supplies Used - My Digital Studio software (Stampin' Up!)
Background: Blossoms Abound DSP #6
Punch: Square (filled w/Blossoms Abound #1); Scallop (filled w/Pistachio Pudding); Oval (filled w/Pistachio Pudding); Circle (Whisper White)
Embellishments: Ruffled Trim (Pistachio Pudding); Hodgepodge Hardware (frame); Brads (Early Espresso); Blossoms Abound (flowers)
Stamp Brush Set - Blossoms Abound (swirl on scallop edges - Whisper White, flower -So Saffron, leaf - color tool to match green on flower embellishment)
Font - Chaucer (Early Espresso)

No comments:

Post a Comment