Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bitty Stars - FTL284

 

This sketch from the Clean & Simple blog, made me think about my little nephew (he's gonna be 4 soon!).  He loves stars, planets and everything space! lol  Well, I wanted to create a card that would remind him of the vast night sky with all it's pretty stars!

Not sure I achieved it with this card....as my background piece came out lighter than I expected. BUT.... I am happy how it turned out.  I created my own DSP (Designer Series Paper)!!!!  On Whisper White cardstock, I sponged Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz and Smoky Slate.  After sponging, I spritzed it all over with water.  After letting it dry.... I assembled it how you see here.  

When I placed my silver glimmer stars on my background piece.... they kinda blended into the background, so I used black stars underneath to make them 'pop' more!

You may view the sketch challenge (FTL284) from the Clean & Simple blog here: http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/2014/03/284.html

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Itty Bitty Banners, Perfect Pennants
Paper - Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Silver Glimmer
Ink - Black Staz-on, Smoky Slate, Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo
Accessories - sponges, spritzer, Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot, Small Star Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment