Monday, July 18, 2016

Swirly Sailing


I wasn't sure I'd like the stamp set -- Swirly Birds, but wanted to get the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits.... and thought that getting the bundle would be a great deal! This is the first card I created with both the stamp set and thinlits! I was so happy with the results.  (Well, except for my over inked red stamp pad that was a little too juicy for my sentiment piece. LOL!).

I used the thinlits for the sun and waves... using the negative pieces for the lighter colors. Creating the ship was kinda cute with all the different stamps to choose from. (There are some stamps I have yet to figure out what they are for, though).  I cut out the boat with scissors.

For the sentiment I used the words from the Birthday Banners set. I decided to make it curved, so that it would flow with the wave thinlit.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Swirly Birds, Birthday Banner
Ink - Real Red, Dapper Denim, Chocolate Chip
Paper - Dapper Denim, Real Red, Pool Party, Whisper White, Crushed Curry
Accessories - Big Shot, Precision Plate, Die Brush, scissors, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment