Thursday, July 14, 2016

Butterflies


With most card designs I create, I have a thought in my head (from either a layout or stamp set that I've seen online).... and I try to make something work with what I have. I saw a pretty card that had a die-cut heart with the cardstock color behind....so I felt it would work beautifully with my Butterflies Thinlits.

I started with a piece of white cardstock 3.5x4.75, and die-cut the butterfly in the top portion. I adhered the white cardstock (negative) to the colored cardstock 3.75x5. Then used the sticky tape to adhere only the middle section of the butterfly back within the die-cut piece.

I stamped the sentiment (Tin of Cards) to match the colored cardstock.

I created a bow at the end of my ribbon and instead of cutting off the bottom part of the bow on one side.... I used that piece to wrap around the edge of the focal piece.

I finished the card by adhering it to a thick white cardstock base.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamp sets - Tin of Cards
Ink - Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Paper - Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Accessories - Big Shot, Precision Plate, Butterflies Thinlits, glue dots, Taffeta Ribbon (Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie)

No comments:

Post a Comment