Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Universal - MDSM59

 

Working on our 2012 photobook with our May trip to Florida with two of my brothers and their families.  We had a great time!

I used the sketch found on the MDS Monday Blog - MDSM59.  You may view the challenge here: http://mdsmonday.blogspot.com/2014/03/mdsm59-heidis-layering-trim.html
And decided to create a double page spread with it! Thanks Ladies!

My page is an 11x8.5 size....although, you can't really tell as the background is white. 
I created my own DSP in MDS for the 'blue' flags.... and I'd like to share how I did that.

I opened up a blank page, within MDS. I selected the background to be Coastal Cabana. Then I brought over the stamp 'Dots Dots Dots'....changing the color of the 'dots' to be Island Indigo. I selected 'share' (on the right-hand side of the design center) and chose 'export pages'. I saved it as a .jpg file and sent it to my desktop, so that I could find it easier. Name your new DSP (I called mine Coastal Island Dots).  Now.... all I needed to do was add it to my background papers within the MDS software, and I have my own DSP!  This is how I did that (using a PC...not a MAC):  follow this path on your computer: C drive/Program Files(x86)/My Digital Studio/Components/Backgrounds/Designer Series Paper  -- now add a new folder and name it whatever you want (Mine is 'MyDiane DSP').  Now, copy and paste your .jpg file into that folder you just created.  Now, when you open MDS again, and select DSP.... your folder (and all your own DSP) will be in there to choose from!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used: My Digital Studio (Stampin' Up!)
Background paper - Whisper White
Punch - Square (filled w/Pink Flamingo DSP #1); Flag (filled w/ Melon Mambo Dotted Stripe and Coastal Island Dots DSP)
Embellishments - Ruffled Ribbon (Island Indigo), Printed Brad (Island Indigo)
Font - Aurora (Island Indigo)




3 comments:

  1. Great two page spread Diane, I love that feature - adding a mirrored page! Your original dsp is great, thanks for sharing your tips! and thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the long pages for your album... that's going to come out so nice! The flag trim is perfect for the fun, vacation photos. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete