Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Two for the Price of One - MDSM62

I saw this cool sketch on MDS Monday's blog....and saved that sketch to my computer desktop to work on it this week.  Well, I got the time to create it ..... designed it.... and it looks amazing! So, today I went to add it to the MDS Monday's blog, and found out that I didn't read the whole challenge!  Oh well..... time to create again! LOL.  What's great is now I have two wonderful cards! Thanks MDS Monday!

So, if you'd like to view their challenge MDSM62 - click here: http://mdsmonday.blogspot.com/2014/04/mds62-were-matching.html  I've added the sketch here, so you can see it:

The challenge was to create a card with this sketch - AND - to add a DSP that you like and only use the 'matching tool' within MDS to fill in all the other elements on the card. Whew!  I do have to say that it was challenging to complete this task....since the DSP I chose 'Feast of Thanks' had variations within each small strip....as you can see with the striped paper above and below the 'Happy Birthday' piece.


I this card with the words 'Happy Birthday'.  It's from 'Delightful Dozen' and I cropped it to only get one 'Happy' and one 'Birthday' from it, so they show in a single line and not one on top of the other. After grouping them together, I copied and pasted them in rows.  I then added a square punch with my 'Feast of Thanks' striped DSP. I grouped those strips of DSP plus the sentiment together and rotated all of it -.8 degrees. After ungrouping all the elements, I was able to use the color matching tool within MDS to color in my sentiment.  Each balloon is a separate embellishment from 'Piece of Cake' and I used the color matching tool to change those colors to match.  The brad is bronze, but even that I was able to use the color matching tool to change it to be a red bronze. I also used the color matching tool on the tag outline...and with the freeform tool to create the sprinkles underneath the frosting on the cupcake! 
Thanks for a wonderful challenge Cindy (at MDS Monday)!


Supplies Used:
Paper - Naturals White
Punch - Square (filled w/Feast of Thanks DSP #2); Tag (filled w/yellow - color match and Whisper White)
Embellishment - Brad (Bronze - color matched to Red); Piece of Cake (balloons - cropped and color matched blue and yellow)
Stamp Brush Set - Delightful Dozen (words - cropped and color matched yellow and blue); Party Hearty (cupcake - colored Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue)
Freeform Tool - to color sprinkles blue underneath the frosting using the color matching tool

Now....here's the first card I created with this sketch:
This reminds me of all those times my Dad was fixing the cars or bikes we had over the years...greasing things up and getting messy!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies Used:
Paper - Sahara Sand, Basic Black and Whisper White
Stamp Brush Set - Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment- Whisper White), Glimmer Kit (chevrons - Basic Black); Ink Splatter (Basic Black)
Punch - Square (filled w/Smoky Slate); Cog (filled w/Going Gray and Basic Gray


WHOOHOO!  An update on my entry into the MDS Monday Challenge..... my cards were picked!

5 comments:

  1. I love both of these cards - just shows how colour and embellishments can change the look of a card even when the same sketch is used. I love the little balloons on your first card with the tag and cupcakes. And the Father's Day card is awesome with the little tire tracks! Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love them both! The bold font in the first card is perfect to draw the eye to the main panel. The second card has so many fun details. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. two great cards Diane! They both turned out great! at first I thought the Fathers day card was not digital, because I didn't realize there was a punch I didn't have! I thought I had them all in digital and real life! so I am super glad you made it because now I have to buy that punch! I wonder how it got past me :) Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! Wow! You have them ALL (except for the Cog Punch, of course!)?!? Cool! Glad I could complete your punch inventory! =)

      Delete