Monday, April 21, 2014

Supporting Mom - MDSM61

 



Hmmm... not sure why the background colors aren't the same on each page in these photos.  The colors are supposed to look like the second page (the right one). weird!  I may need to re-download them to see if that makes a difference.  Okay, that is the weirdest thing.... it still is that same funky color.    (If you go on the My Digital Studio site.... you'll see the correct color on the first page.  Click here to see it: http://www.mydigitalstudio.net/photo/supporting-mom-1?context=latest )

I used a sketch I saw on MDS Monday blog (MDSM61).  I missed the challenge deadline, but still wanted to share with all of you where I got my inspiration from.  You may view the challenge here:
http://mdsmonday.blogspot.com/2014/04/mdsm61-taras-created-fun-scrap-sketch.html

Anyway.... I'm still plugging along with work on our 2012 photobook. These two pages were a bit hard for me to finish since my Mom passed away (February 2014). These pages reflect our support of my Mom.

My Mom's favorite color is green...and she loves roses. Purple is the color of pancreatic cancer, so working within those parameters -- here are the pages I came up with.  I changed both Designer Series Paper (Watercolor Wonder DSP) to Concord Crush and I used the 'Color Picker Tool' to match the green from my Mom's bedroom wall as my background color.

Supplies Used: My Digital Studio software, Stampin' Up!
Background - 'Color Picking Tool' match the green in the photo for the background
Punch - Square (filled w/ Watercolor Wonder DSP #5 and #10 recolored Concord Crush)
Stamp Brush Set - Ribbon of Hope (Concord Crush); You're Lovely (outlined flowers - Concord Crush and Whisper White); Natural Composition Overlays (linen overlay - Pistachio Pudding)
Font - Kiev (Concord Crush and Whisper White); Majestic (Concord Crush)

No comments:

Post a Comment