Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sprinkles of Sea

This card took a while to come together.  I knew I wanted the lighthouse in the oval with the sponged sunset in the background, but that was about as far as I got.  I masked the lighthouse before sponging on the yellow and orange. Then, I removed the mask and colored in the lighthouse light in yellow and the lighthouse in gray.

I decided to have the background piece mimic the lighthouse stripes with the Irresistibly Yours DSP. I first tried to use Black Staz-on with my brayer to color in the stripes... OOPS! The extra color did not come off...and now my brayer was yucky too. Ugh!  Luckily, I had the Staz-on Cleaner... worked like a champ.  I got another piece of the Irresistibly Yours DSP and colored the black with my Memento Ink with the brayer.... whew!

I like the flag sentiment, as it reminds me of sailing. Goes perfectly with the lighthouse image (in my opinion). 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used
Stamp Sets - Sprinkles of Life, From Land to Sea
Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Memento, Smoky Slate
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Irresistibly Yours DSP, Whisper White
Accessories - Big Shot, Ovals Framelits, Banners Framelits, brayer, sponges, scissors


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment