Friday, September 25, 2015

Petal Sampler

I saw this cute sketch I found on Pinterest that I wanted to try out.  I really struggled with this card, but I love how it turned out.

I had trouble with the flowers.  I first stamped them on white cardstock, but it didn't look right.  Then I stamped the same color ink as the cardstock... still not what I wanted.  Finally, I used darker inks on the colored cardstock... they really stand out now.

I also chose to ink the sentiment in Crumb Cake instead of Tip Top Taupe.  When using the ink... it seems too dark compared to the cardstock.

I'm glad my perseverance paid off... this is such a cute card. I'm sure my friend will love it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Six Sided Sampler, Petite Petals, Peaceful Petals
Ink - Crumb Cake, Delightful Dijon, Tangelo Twist, Island Indigo, Mossy Meadow
Paper - Delightful Dijon, Mossy Meadow, Mossy Meadow DSP, Whisper White, Tip Top Taupe, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories - Petite Petals Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Dotted Lace Trim (Delightful Dijon), Organza Ribbon (Whisper White), scissors

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment