Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Tulips - MDSM83


The MDS Monday has another sketch challenge -- along with a Technique Challenge this week (MDSM83).  This one incorporates "texting on a path" using the freeform tool.  You may view the challenge, all the pages created with the challenge AND videos on how to create a text on a path here:

I had a bit of trouble with my text on the corners -- the text overlapped where it had the 90 degree turn -- but I was able to place some spaces in to get the words to lay as I wanted them to. =)

I used the Watercolor Winter DSP behind the photos, but felt that the original color was just a bit too dark for what I wanted.  So, placing the DSP inside a photo box, I was able to re-color it a different shade of blue -- thus making it softer than the original color. Yay!

This page was from our trip to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in April 2014.  Since moving here (12 years ago), we had always wanted to see the many tulip fields.  It was so amazing to see all the many different varieties and the colors. I {heart} tulips!

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Background paper - Whisper White
Photo Box - Square (Watercolor Winter DSP #9 - recolored Brocade Blue)
Stamp Brush Set - Glimmer Kit (stripes overlay - Baja Breeze)
Fonts - CK Cutie and KG Eyes Wide Open (Baja Breeze)

10 comments:

  1. Really pretty page! Gorgeous photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tulips! I love how your bright photos pop off of the subtle background. Gorgeous. Thanks for creating with us at MDS Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanna! Tulips are my favorite flower! =)

      Delete
  3. Love your page Diane! And I love the Skagit Valley too.... so rich and fertile! Just beautiful and not too far from my home turf! Thanks for playing along at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! I LOVE this state too! So much natural beauty here just a short drive away. =)

      Delete
  4. Wow, I can't imaging that many tulips in one place! How lovely. beautiful page Diane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! It was so glorious to see all those tulips together.... just beautiful! =)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos! I am particularly fond of tulips, since my husband is Dutch. I love your subtle background to allow your photos to really pop. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! Oh... I would love to see the tulips in Holland... I bet they are beautiful there too! =)

      Delete