Friday, September 19, 2014

Christmas 2013

 

 

Wow! I have to say that I am so very pleased to be completing last years Christmas photos BEFORE this Christmas! Such a wonderful feeling!  When my family (my side) gets together, we always have a great time.....and there are so many photos.... it's hard to just choose a few.  Especially since we do so much -- Family photo, opening presents and games!

I wanted to highlight our family photo (and the photo with almost all our eyes closed too!). As you can tell we are a funny bunch! lol! I decided to use a template/layout I saw on the Sweet Shoppe Blog.  Here's the photo:
Hmmm... ok, well....that's a puny photo, but you can definitely see that's what I used to create the first page - right?

It did take me quite a while to figure out what colors/papers to use. But I believe the ones I chose work great for the photos.  One thing I want to share is how I created my background paper.  The background, itself, is Real Red.... I added the Natural Composition Overlay in White, but brought the opacity down to 10%.  <---See, creating your own DSP (Designer Series Paper) is a breeze! 

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Background - Real Red
Embellishments(on page 2) - Hodgepodge Hardware (Jumbo Brad); Narrow Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (Soft Suede)
Stamp Brush Sets - Natural Composition Overlays (Whisper White at 10% opacity); Watercolor Winter (snowflake and snowflake border - Whisper White)
Punch - Square (Soft Suede, Christmas Cocoa II DSP #1, Whisper White); Circle (Soft Suede)
Punch(on page 2) - Circle (Christmas Cocoa II DSP #1); Tag (Whisper White)
Font - Lovers' Quarrel (Whisper White and Soft Suede)

No comments:

Post a Comment