Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Happy Moments - MDSM82

 
I decided to play along with the MDS Monday Sketch Challenge this week (MDSM82).  Tara created this wonderful sketch, and asked us to use white/vanilla with a touch of one color.  You may view the challenge here: 

I chose to Not Quite Navy as my touch of color.  The lovely patterned paper I used is from the Bella Bleu DSP set (Designer Series Paper #4).  I used the 'Rip Edges' tool on the photo with a Not Quite Navy mat.  The photo is of my parents enjoying the outdoors, sitting in their swing on their deck (taken in 2011). Hmmm.... I should probably add the date on my page - huh? LOL!

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Background - Very Vanilla
Embellishments - Designer Rosettes (Very Vanilla); Basic Pearls; Timeless Taffeta Trimmings (bow - Not Quite Navy)
Stamp Brush Sets - Piece of Cake (circles - Not Quite Navy); Endless Birthday (word 'Happy' - Not Quite Navy); Greatest Moments (word 'Moments' - Not Quite Navy)
Punch - Square (filled w/ Bella Bleu DSP #4)

12 comments:

  1. Great page Diane! Not quite Navy was the perfect choice for your photo, and a wonderful photo it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty page Diane! I love your background and the subtle circles. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Diane! I love the background paper with the Not Quite Navy. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply beautiful Diane! I love how you pulled the color off the photo. Love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The spiral swirly behind the photo and the ribbon are nice touches. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely picture of your parents Diane!... your layout is just perfect! Thanks for playing along at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete