Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mom Birthday

 

Another two-page spread complete in our 2013 photobook! YES!
I do have to admit that in creating these two pages.... it was very emotional for me (as my Mom passed away Feb 2014).  I miss her so very much!

I saw this sketch on the Splitcoaststampers website, and it intrigued me with all it's layers.  Now, I'm sure I didn't add as many layers as the sketch shows, but I didn't want my page elements to diminish the photos I wanted to showcase.
Here is the sketch I used:
The name on .jpeg file is: "InstaMeWeekly1 - template3".

I did create my own Designer Series Paper to fill in the square punches.  It's relatively easy to do with My Digital Studio, and so very helpful when trying to match colors.  The DSP papers that I created are the Modern Medley white arrows on Lost Lagoon paper and the Wild Wasabi Happy Birthday text on Whisper White paper. To create your own DSP papers: 1) open a new 12x12 page; 2) add your background color; 3) add the stamp [ie:Modern Medley arrows in white]; 4) save file as a .jpeg on your desktop; 5) add this .jpeg file to the My Digital Studio software as a background [my computer/ program files/ My Digital Studio/ components/ backgrounds/ Designer Series Paper].

Thanks for taking a look!

Supplies Used:
Background - Lost Lagoon
Stamp Brush Set - Decorative Overlays (Whisper White); Modern Medley (arrows - Whisper White)
Embellishments - Festive Blooms (Whisper White and Old Olive recolored Wild Wasabi)
Punch - Square (filled w/Wild Wasabi DSP, Lagoon Arrows DSP, Wasabi Birthday DSP)
Font - Franciscan (Whisper White); Engaged (on the DSP -Wild Wasabi)

No comments:

Post a Comment