Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Tori and Aaron Wedding


I was honored to be asked to create the 'Save the Date' and Wedding Invitations for my niece, Tori, and her now husband, Aaron. Her colors were burgundy and white, and she loved the intricate die-cut shape in the 'Detailed Floral' thinlits.

The 'Save the Date' cards were pretty simple to create. Measuring 4.25"x5.5". The wording was designed in my digital software (My Memories Suite) and printed on Whisper White cardstock. I was able to fit 4 on an 8.5"x11" piece of cardstock. I cut the white sections to 4"x5.25". The die-cut shape was made with the Big Shot and adhered to the white cardstock on the bottom.



The wedding invitations measure 5"x7". The actual invitation is a pocket card made from an 8.5"x11" piece of burgundy cardstock. I cut the piece to 8.5"x10". Along the long side I scored at 5". Turning it to the short side, I scored at 7" to the scored line from the previous instructions... then cut the rest on the 7". Turning the piece to the long side again, I cut the 1.5" off the bottom left-hand side. Now, folding on the scored lines... I used glue dots to adhere the "pocket" on the bottom of the right-hand side to the right side of the invite.

The wording for both the invite and the response card was again designed in my digital software and printed on Whisper White cardstock. I was able to fit 2 invites per 8.5"x11 piece. I was able to fit 3 responses to an 8.5"x11 piece (response card measures 3.5"x5").

I used the 'Detailed Floral' thinlit for both the response cards and the invite. As you can see, I had to be creative in making the die-cut shape fit the top of the invite -- as the die-cut shape was too small for the piece. Yes, I die-cut the piece twice to create a mirrored image on top! Clever! I used spray adhesive to adhere the intricate die-cut shape to the invite.

For the front of the invite, I used my software to print their names out and printed them on Whisper White cardstock. I was able to fit 18 on a piece of 8.5"x11" piece of cardstock. I then stamped the 'Special Reason' frame shape (in Merry Merlot ink) around the names and die-cut them out using the 'Stylish Stems' framelits.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
My Memories Suite digital software
Fonts used - At Last Greeting (Invite), Chancellor (both), Castellar (Save the Date)
Paper - Wine (purchased at Hollo's papercraft), Whisper White
Stamp set - Special Reason
Ink - Merry Merlot
Accessories - Big Shot, Detailed Floral Thinlits, Stylish Stems Framelits, Whisper White Organza Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment