Monday, July 13, 2015

Nuts About You!

Wow! Creating this card was way more difficult than I thought it would be.  I saw Maggie Mata's card on Pinterest, and I thought... that looks so cute-- I'd try my hand at it.
Here's her card:
Now her's still looks so much better than mine with all the sponging around the "nuts". Thanks so much Maggie for your inspiration.

The reason mine took so long and was so difficult for me was because I don't own a circle punch that was the right size for the inside.  I had a 'die-cut' that was the correct circle size, but couldn't use it since other "dies" were too close to it (it would cut into the hexagon punch).  So, I'd like to show you the struggles I took with my other two versions here:
 
Ugh, I cringe when I see these, but they are my first attempts, and wanted to share with you my struggles.  With the one on the left, I used the Flower Frenzy BigzL Die for the small circle inside the hexagon.  It was the correct size, but it didn't give me the feel that their was actually a hole in the "nut". So, back to the drawing board... with the one on the right, I used the circle cutting system (from Creative Memories) to cut out the hole.  Now, it does not show the looks of a "nut", but I have never seen a skinny nut like that.

I was gonna just stop there, then decided to try again... this time just using my digital software.  I feel it doesn't really work too well.  Maggie's is so much better! But I did try!  I hope my hubby loves it!

Thanks for letting me show you my struggling process! LOL!

Supplies Used:
Font - Cuckoo and CK Cutie (Real Red)

Paper - Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories - Hexagon Punch, Flower Frenzy BigZL Die, Circle Cutting System (CM), Solid Stripes TIEF, Big Shot, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment