Thursday, June 26, 2014

Something to Like

I saw a card with a color combo of Basic Gray, Real Red and Whisper White..... I wanted to create a card using those colors.

Well, I added a few more colors -- Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Basic Black. LOL!  See how my mind starts with something..... and it goes in a different direction. Ha!

I LOVE how this card came out.  The Red and Yellow really stand out against the Gray.

I stamped the image on Whisper White with Memento Ink and colored it with the new blendabilities markers.  I carefully cut around the edge with scissors (I didn't cut out the spray).  I decided to stamp the spray part twice on the background piece.   I believe it looks great with two sprays instead of just the one the stamp has.

I used the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to create the three lines up and across the background piece and I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig Tool to align the sentiment just right.

I finished by 'popping' the flowers up with the dimensionals.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - I Like You, Something to Say
Paper - Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink - Blendabilities (Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler), Memento, Black Staz-on
Accessories - Stamp-a-ma-jig, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, scissors, dimensionals, Blendabilities (Color Lifter)

No comments:

Post a Comment