Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Responsibility - MDSM70

 

I incorporated two challenges within this scrapbook page.  One, the sketch, is from the MDS Monday Blog - MDSM70.  You may view their challenge here: http://mdsmonday.blogspot.com/2014/06/mdsm70-joans-going-in-circles.html
The second is from the Splitcoaststampers website - DGSC118 Responsibility.  You may view that challenge here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-tuesdays-f253/dgsc-118-responsibility-t588590.html

Now, I struggled with attempting to create a page with the quote for the Digi-Scrap Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I'm not a person to talk about myself, so I like scrapping 'events' and not feelings or attitudes.  My photos are of a time of fun in the sun walking on the beach and rocks.  As you can see from the bottom photo..... I walked too close to the waves, as they got my socks, shoes and pants soaked! EEkk!  Those were the only shoes I had with me.  It so reminded me of the time (when I was 12) that I road my bike through a huge puddle and got stuck in the middle, and got my shoes, socks and pants wet there too.  Boy, did I get in trouble that long ago day with my parents..... had to write a 1000 word essay on 'obedience'.  Now, when I got wet this time.... those same feelings of failure came back out.  My husband (I love him!)... just laughed and said they'll dry eventually.  He even finished the drying process with a hairdryer when we got back to the hotel room.  He's amazing!

Well, I do dread responsibility sometimes.... but I know you need that in order to provide for your family. We are blessed that we can have fun as well as provide for our living at the same time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Background - Daffodil Delight
Stamp Brush Sets - Anchors Away (words - Midnight Muse; starfish and seahorse - Sahara Sand)
Embellishments - Anchors Away (sea banner, sun banner, words - relax, circle - good life); Brad (Daffodil Delight); Dahlias (Daffodil Delight)
Punch - Square (filled w/Anchors Away DSP #4 and #5); Circle (filled w/Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight and Textured Cardstock - Midnight Muse)
Font - CK Cutie (Midnight Muse)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful page, Diane. I love the starburst paper for this spread. I would be right there with you, climbing and getting wet. You are never too old to splash in puddles or shuffle through leaves. Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete