Friday, June 20, 2014

Oak Point Preserve

 

As I started this two-page spread, I was trying to figure out what colors to use.  My initial thought was blue and brown -- as it is a nature page.  I've used brown in many of my layouts, so I wanted to try something different.  I decided to try using green (Certain Celery to be exact).... and then I thought it would be great to only incorporate two colors within the page -- making my photos stand out.  So here you have Basic Black paired with Certainly Celery.

My two-page spread is of a trip we took to Dallas.  We met up with Mike's co-worker (at the time), and became good friends, as we spent a lot of time together during the weeks we were there.  The van Belzen family (Peter, Louise, Emer and Caoimhe)!  We spent the day on a nature walk through a preserve that was very close to their home.

I think it turned out rather sophisticated with just the two colors.  What are your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Background - Certainly Celery
Stamp Brush Sets - Green Tea (flower stem - Basic Black); Simple Friendship (flowers - Basic Black); Fresh Vintage (border - Certainly Celery); Decorative Overlays (flourish - Basic Black)
Font - Freeze and Wide Latin (Basic Black)


No comments:

Post a Comment