Friday, June 20, 2014

Easter 2013

 

I decided to create a few scrapbook pages for our 2013 Photobook  (still trying to get caught up-to-date).  While Mike and I were in Dallas, we drove down to Hutto (three hour drive) to see my sister and her family to spend Easter with them.  It was great to be around family during the Holiday!

In creating this page.... I 'editted' the circle punch to get the easter egg punch that you see on these pages.  To edit punches within the My Digital Studio software.... it's a bit tricky, but with trial and error.... I got a shape that I liked.  Within MDS, select punches from the Design Center (right-hand side), then select the shape you'd like to edit...... now, select 'Edit Shape' on the bottom left-hand
corner. Once the shape editor comes up, just drag the 'black boxes' around the shape to adjust it. Once you have the shape you want..... select 'ok' (it'll ask you to name it, so you may use the editted shape again and again in your projects!).  Cool - huh?
After creating the egg shaped punch, I was able to fill them in with the Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP.... which (to me) reminds me of dyed egg colorings.

Thanks for taking a look!

Supplies Used:
Background - Blossoms Abound DSP #11
Embellishments - Blossoms Abound (leaves, flower bunch and banner); Narrow Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (Melon Mambo)
Stamp Brush Sets - Spring to Life (leaves - colored to match with color picker green in leaves); Twitterpated (basket weave - Early Espresso)
Punch - Square (filled w/Crumb Cake to go behind basket weave stamp); Egg (filled w/Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP #18, 20, 21 and 23)
Font - CK Honey (Early Espresso)

No comments:

Post a Comment