Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wonderfall You - PP172




I created this card for my Aunt, as she will be going through chemo treatments to combat a rare blood disorder (they say it's not cancer..... so it's very curable with treatment! Thank the Lord!).

I used the theme of leaves from the Paper Players Challenge on their blog (PP172).  You may view the challenge here: http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2013/11/challenge-172-cas-with-leaves-from-nance.html

I also used a sketch from the Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog (SFF101813).  The challenge is over with, but the layout was a great one..... so I kept it to use at a later time. You may view that challenge here: http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/2013/10/sff101813.html

After I created my card.... I was thinking it would look a lot better with a texture to the Early Espresso background. Hmmm...what do you think?

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set - Wonderfall
Paper - Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink - Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories - Big Shot, Autumn Accents Die, stamp-a-ma-jig, Satin Ribbon (Whisper White)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Diane! I adore your color selections and the bouquet of leaves--my favorite! I like the plain background for the CAS look but embossing would step it up a notch too! Either way, it's great! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Diane! The sketch worked perfectly for your gorgeous leaves, and I love the bright autumnal colors. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete