Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hope - DGSC068


I'm playing with the digital challenges on splitcoaststampers today.  Today's challenge (DGSC068) is: Journaling on a Photo. You can view the challenge and the link to view all the pages created with this challenge here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-scrapbooking-f253/dgsc068-%96-journaling-photo-6-19-12-a-t556113.html
This is a new concept for me, as I tend to always journal outside the photo. I do like this effect though.
My Mom has been recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and the color designated for this type of cancer is purple.  I arranged the phrases myself incorporating a subway art kinda feel, with different fonts and shades of purple. I used a photo that we took at a Rose Garden in Oregon....my Mom loves roses. The photo was changed to 50% opacity, so that you would be able to see the words better. I also added a layer of white behind the photo, so the patterned DSP didn't show through the photo.

Paper - Lap of Luxury DSP #6 and #8
Photo - 50% opacity
Punches - Square (filled with Whisper White behind flower photo, so the patterned paper wouldn't show through the flower photo), Square (filled with Wonder Wisteria to mat the flower photo), Square (filled with Lap of Luxury DSP)
Embellishments - Wonder Wisteria Ruffled Ribbon and Bow, Wonder Wisteria Printed Brads
Text - Boho & Latina (Perfect Plum), Boho & Bazooka (Pale Plum), Gloucester MT & Cloister Black BT (Wonder Wisteria), Broach & Chancellor (Orchid Opulence), Elegance, Monotype Corsiva, CK Honey & Cordial (Concord Crush)

No comments:

Post a Comment