Friday, June 29, 2012

Hope 2


In a previous post, I had created a scrapbook page for my Mom who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is currently undergoing chemo treatments. This is a card for her from the whole family to show support in her fight with cancer.

I created the 'subway art' on the photo with My Digital Studio software. After I placed the photo in, I changed the opacity to 50% to give it a subtle feel. I then took phrases off the Chose Hope.org website "What Cancer Cannot Do". Very beautiful poem. Here is what it says:

"What Cancer Cannot Do" 

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot quench the spirit.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.


Paper - Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Lap of Luxury (MDS)
Text & Ink (all in MDS) - Boho & Latina (Perfect Plum), Boho & Bazooka (Pale Plum), Gloucester MT & Cloister Black BT (Wonder Wisteria), Broach & Chancellor (Orchid Opulence), Elegance, Monotype Corsiva, CK Honey & Cordial (Concord Crush)
Accessories - Ruffled Ribbon (Wisteria Wonder) 

No comments:

Post a Comment