Friday, December 27, 2019

Wildlife Greetings

Just purchased the 'Woodland' embossing folder from Stampin' Up!. I loved the technique used of stamping on the embossing folder and then running it through the Die-Cut/Emboss Machine to emboss. So, I just had to try this for myself.

Now, it did take me a few tries to get the look that I wanted. The first one... the deer was in the middle of the panel. Which, would have been fine, but I wanted it offset a bit. The second try... I miscalculated and the deer ended up on the left-hand side. Ha! I forgot the image is reversed from what I stamped/embossed. Anyway... the third time was the charm.

To achieve this, I stamped the deer image onto the embossing folder. Stamp on the side where the embossed part is indented (not the embossed part being above the folder). Next, place your cardstock where you want the deer to show. Emboss as you would normally. Once done, remove cardstock from folder and sponge (I used Crumb Cake) onto the trees to make them stand out a bit from the background.

Huh! I just realized that I embossed the trees upside down. The tiny branches are going downward instead of upward. Weird, because what I thought of as the bottom... the tree trunks get bigger (which isn't the case in real trees!). Well, I'm happy with the end result! I'm sure no one will realize they're upside down....will they?

Thanks for taking a closer look!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Wildlife Reserve, Good Greetings, Sprinkles of Life
Ink - Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Real Red
Paper - Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories - Die-cut/Emboss Machine, Woodland Embossing Folder, Tree Builder Punch, sponge daubers

 


No comments:

Post a Comment