Thursday, May 25, 2017

Graduate Gown

Well, I've seen many cards like this on Pinterest, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. Wow... it was a lot harder than I thought.

I used a Gold Foil sheet for my gown... and to get the "v" shape cut out...I used a portion of the point of a Star Framelit. Now, when I did this... the Gold Foil produced a edge line all around the cut piece. I tried using a Bone Folder to rub it out -- with not good results. I tried to run it back through the Big Shot backwards to see if it would come out too -- It did not. So... with scissors... I trimmed the indent made from the die-cut.

I used DMC floss for the tassel. I used four cords to make the tassel...and tied it using one strand of one cord.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set - Special Reason
Ink - Night of Navy
Paper - Night of Navy, Gold Foil, Very Vanilla
Accessories - Big Shot, Stars Framelits, Stylish Stems Framelits, Basic Pearls, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips