Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy in Yellow

I saw a design in the PaperCrafts Card Creations vol. 10 magazine (different fonts, colors and ribbon), so I can't take total credit for this design.

I first tried to attempt this using stamps with my stamp-a-ma-jig.  Let's just say, it didn't work out so well (I'm a perfectionist, so the repeated word 'happy' wasn't as straight as I would like).

I used My Digital Studio to create the front panel. Using the 'Days in December' stamp brush set 'Happy Holidays' (but cropped it so only 'Happy' was shown).  I then copied and pasted it (5 in a row, top justified, and spaced evenly horizontally). Once the first row was completed, I grouped the row together and then just copied and pasted each row (staggering the words).  Afterward, I spaced evenly vertically.  I selected one 'Happy' and changed the color to Daffodil Delight.
I then added a text box for the word 'Birthday' (I used the Civilian font).

I printed the panel on Whisper White cardstock.

Stamp Brush Set - Days in December (word 'Happy' in Sahara Sand and Daffodil Delight)
Paper - Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight
Ink - Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black (all in MDS)
Accessories - Satin Ribbon (Basic Black)
Font - Civilian (Basic Black)

No comments:

Post a Comment