Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chess Board Birthday

 

Moving along on my 2009 scrapbook. While visiting my family in Ohio in June, we got to celebrate my nephew's 10th birthday. My sister created a chess board cake complete with chess pieces on top!

I struggled a bit with the placement of the squares (for the chessboard background). I finally realized that once I have the square in place, that I should 'lock' that object, so that it didn't move while creating the rest of the squares.
Thanks for looking!

Paper: Early Espresso - textured, Crumb Cake - textured, Elegant Soiree #8
Photo & Punch Mats: Early Espresso
Text: Beetle (Baja Breeze)
Embellishments: Grosgrain Ribbon & Knot (Baja Breeze)
Punches: Square (filled w/Baja Breeze or Whisper White), Square & Circles (filled with Crumb Cake placed behind Party Hearty Stamps)
Stamp Brush Sets: Party Hearty (Early Espresso), Delightful Dozen (Early Espresso w/Crumb Cake slightly offset behind)
-- The pictures of the chess pieces were taken from images that I found online --

No comments:

Post a Comment