Friday, March 18, 2022

St Patty's Day 2022



 

I used Wendy Lee's card as inspiration for my own St. Patrick's Day card. Thanks Wendy for sharing your beautiful card! I changed a few things to make the card my own, but wanted to give credit to the person who inspired mine.

For the background pieces, I used the 'True Love' Designer Series Paper (DSP).
The the background for the shamrock, I used the 'Stone' embossing folder and the 'Layering Squares' dies.
For the shamrock, I used the 'Be Mine' dies (the heart). To make the petals 'pop'... I used the stylus on the back of the die-cut shape to make the cut more defined. I used the 'Palms' dies to use as my stem for the shamrock.
The sentiment is from the 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' stamp set, and I die-cut it out using the 'Stitched Nested Labels'. Again, I used the stylus on the back of the die-cut to make the cut more defined.

For the Shamrock Hat
I used a 3" circle of green cardstock for the base.
I cut one piece of green cardstock 2"x 7". and scored it on one side (long) .5". Then, along that edge scored every .5" and cut along the score lines. Gluing it onto the base after gathering it together on the ends to make a circle.
I cut one piece of 7"x .5" black cardstock (for the band on the hat).
I cut one piece of 1" square yellow cardstock (for the buckle). I snipped the corners off the yellow piece to round the corners of the buckle.
I cut one piece of .5" square black cardstock (for the middle of the buckle).

Thanks for taking a closer look!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set - Teeny Tiny Wishes (made it MMS digital software)
Ink - Memento
Paper - Basic Black, Basic White, Garden Green, True Love DSP
Accessories - Stampin' Trimmer, Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine, Stitched Nested Labels dies, Be Mine dies, Palms dies, Layering Squares dies, Stone Embossing Folder, stylus, Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon



No comments:

Post a Comment