Friday, November 6, 2020

Birthday Leaves

 

Before I tell you how I created the leaf background, I do need to point out that you should never ink stamps with the Stampin' Blends markers. One.... it dries as soon as you apply it to the stamp - thus not giving the stamp the inking it needs to stamp. and Two.... the markers stained the photopolymer stamps.  (Can you guess how I figured this out? YES.... I did try and ink my stamps with the Stampin' Blends markers.) Now, the markers certainly didn't ruin the integrity of the stamp.... as I could still stamp with them, but wanted to share my experiece.

Okay.... on to how I was able to create this background. I used my Stampin' Write markers to color the stamp image. I applied Crumb Cake first, then Pear Pizzazz, and then lastly Pool Party onto the stamp. Then I stamped the image onto the cardstock. I repeated this process until I was happy with the amount of leaves on the cardstock piece.

I chose to cut the piece to length and width before stamping the leaves.

Thanks for taking a closer look!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Vintage Leaves, Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ink - Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper - Pool Party, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories - Die-Cut/Emboss Machine, Stitched Nested Labels dies, dimensionals, Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment