Monday, September 18, 2017

Wedding Invitations - Sunflowers




I had the great pleasure of creating the wedding invitations for my Goddaughter, Brooke, and her fiance, Steven. Now husband and wife as of September 16, 2017! Congratulations Mr and Mrs Hall.

The outside pocket card is made from a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" Night of Navy cardstock. I cut the piece to 8.5" x 10". I then scored it at 5" down the center (the 10" side). I then cut the left side of the paper to 7" (out of the 8.5") and made the cut reach the score line. From there, I scored the flap to create the pocket. I used one glue dot to adhere it to the back.

I designed both the invitations and the response cards with my digital software - My Memories Suite.
The sunflowers are from Country Sunflowers (Mandog) and the fonts used are Engravers MT, Berhart, and Chancellor. I created 100 invitations.

After adhering each invitation to the pocket card, I placed the response card and an envelope in the pocket to the right. I purchased burlap cloth from Joann's to use to wrap the invitation closed (I used staples to stick the ends together... as well as stapling the sunflower back to the burlap. I then added the sunflower center on top to hide the staple.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
My Memories Suite
Fonts - Engravers MT, Bernhart, Chancellor
Embellishments - Country Sunflowers (Mandog)
Paper - Night of Navy, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight
Ink - Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Accessories - Burlap, staples, glue dots, envelopes

No comments:

Post a Comment