Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran Thanks


I found inspiration for this card from Pinterest... I really liked how the placement/layout of the circled sentiment was on 'Scrapaholicbond26's' (Splitcoaststampers member name) card.
Here is her card:


In trying to create the circled sentiment piece, I used My Memories Suite digital software. I did find that it's easier to create sentiments that curve in MMS rather than in my old MDS (My Digital Studio).  With MMS, you just create your text inside a text box and then.... select a button on the right-hand side of the screen that says "Curve".  Once this button is selected you can choose 'Inside Circle' or 'Outside Circle'. So much easier than 'Attaching it to Shape'.  Although, if you look closely... the text isn't as smooth curving as I know it is when you 'Attach to Shape'.  But... it still looks great!

I chose to use a Patriotic flag image behind the sentiment in the middle. I did this by bringing down the opacity of the image... thus the words stand out.

Once complete in MMS, I printed it out on Whisper White cardstock and finished the card the traditional way.  I used the Square Lattice TIEF for the embossed background and adhered the stars and circle sentiment with dimensionals and glue dots to make them 'pop'.

Happy Veterans Day to All Who Serve/Have Served! Thank You!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies Used
MMS - Patriotic Tissue (flag); Font (bookman old style, arial and cordial in Black); Star punch
Paper - Whisper White, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories - Star Punch, Taffeta Ribbon (Soft Suede), dimensionals, glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment