Wednesday, August 30, 2017

In Loving Detail

Sad to say that I needed a sympathy card for my sister-in-law who lost her dad. I wanted the card to be masculine...for her dad.... that's why I chose the tree in the 'Lovely As A Tree' stamp set, but also feminine... for my sister-in-law... so I paired it with the 'So Detailed' thinlits and the 'In Any Event' script stamp set.

I'd like to say I stamped these images (tree and words), but I didn't! I used my digital software... My Memories Suite. I was able to change the opacity (to 50%) of the tree stamp, so that it sort of looks like a watercolor image on the panel. The sentiment was "stamped" as is in my digital software. I printed it on Whisper White cardstock and then mounted it on Smoky Slate cardstock.

I ran a piece of Basic Black through my Big Shot with the 'So Detailed' Thinlits and adhered it to the bottom portion of the Smoky Slate cardstock... trimming where it went over to get the look you see here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
My Memories Suite
Stamp Sets - Lovely As A Tree (grey); In Any Event (Black)
Paper - Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Accessories - Big Shot, So Detailed Thinlits, scissors, Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Your card and all it's details, is beautiful! I am so sorry for your family's loss! TFS!

    ReplyDelete