Monday, October 20, 2014

Something with a Twist

As I started creating this card..... it took A LOT of time to get to this point.  Which, I am very pleased how it turned out.

I had originally thought just to use the flowers in a straight line with a sentiment on the top.  Easy.... and not a lot of though to the design.  As I was punching out the flowers, they reminded me of the flowers in Hawaii....and the coconut drinks that they have there. (My mind is constantly thinking of Hawaii.... we love it there!)

Anyway, back to my thought process, as I was using the Big Shot (to make the top portion of the Early Espresso cardstock curved and using the Woodgrain TIEF), I decided that the sentiment should go on the bottom rather than the top.  I used the 'Something to Say' heart stamp to create the leaf.

In creating the "straw" I used the 'Bloom with Hope' stem stamp and just drew in the oval for the top of the straw.  Cool - huh!

I finished the flowers up by adding Dazzling Details to the center of each flower!

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Something to Say, Bloom with Hope, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper - Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink - Early Espresso, Tangelo Twist, Pear Pizzazz, Pistachio Pudding, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake
Accessories - Blender Pen, Big Shot, Woodgrain TIEF, Ovals Framelits, Itty Bitty Accents Punch, glue dots, Dazzling Details, Bitty Banners Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment