Friday, August 8, 2014

Mike's Milestone

 


Upon seeing this sketch on the Sweet Shoppe website..... I wanted to see if I could recreate something similar for my husband's birthday scrapbook page.  The hardest part for me was to create the strips of paper with the angled tips.

In creating the angled strips, I used the flag punch.  I cropped the punch (lengthwise), to create the angled edge you see.  I copied and pasted another strip, so that it looked like it continued under the photo on the opposite side.  Aligning them was a challenge, but so worth it!

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Background - Textured Cardstock (Night of Navy)
Stamp Brush Sets - Lemonade Stand (words Happy Birthday - Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black); A Cute Christmas (Tempting Turquoise)
Punch - Square (Basic Black and Textured Cardstock Whisper White); Flag (cropped lengthwise - Glimmer DSP Gold, Textured Cardstock Tempting Turquoise and Textured Cardstock Basic Black) 
Font - Cooper Black (Whisper White)

No comments:

Post a Comment