Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Slam Dunk Star - SQSC37



When I saw this sketch from Stampin Queen's Sketch Challenge (SQSC37)... I was a bit intimidated with it. I started thinking flowers and butterflies, but whatever I tried...it just didn't look right. So, I set the sketch aside and tried to come up with a card for my nephew (who is turning 16 this year). He is so into sports (baseball, football, basketball.... you name it...he's tried out for it).

While working in My Digital Studio (MDS), along with the sports-minded stamps that are available, I started with the basketball... and then followed with the sentiment.  Then it dawns on me...that I could definitely use the sketch with this card! Whoo-hoo! I was so excited. 

If you'd like to view all the cards created with this sketch..... hop on over to Stampin' Queen's Sketch Challenge Website here: http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2012/05/sqsc-37.html

Everything on this card is from My Digital Studio. After I printed it on Old Olive paper, I used the Simply Scored tool to make the three lines and then mounted it on Navy cardstock.
Thanks for looking

Stamp sets - Slam Dunk (MDS), Sporting (MDS)
Paper - Old Olive, Night of Navy
Ink - Pumpkin Pie (MDS), Night of Navy (MDS), Basic Black (MDS)
Accessories - Simply Scored tool

2 comments:

  1. Diane, I'm so happy that you were able to work with this sketch.
    And, I have to admit, I do like what you created! I think your card has balance and composition. You really made a wonderfully inspiring card, even without the flowers and butterfly {smile}.
    thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

    ReplyDelete