Thursday, January 19, 2023

Calming Flora

 


Such a lovely card from Lesley's Stampin' Ground (on her website).  I knew I had to create one of my own. Here, I used the sentiment from 'Calming Camellia' stamp set and the new 'Two-Tone Flora' stamp set with it's coordinating dies. Although, I do have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the huge die background piece... it's way to big for the 5.5 x 4.25 cards that I made... so I had to adjust my card size to 5.75 x 4.25. I'd still like to have more of the card base color showing around the edges of my cards.

I chose the colors Starry Sky, Highland Heather and So Saffron with Old Olive. I stamped the darker image first. With the Two-tone stamping, with the lighter stamped image, I inked the stamp and stamped on a piece of paper before stamping on my project. Beautiful effect!

I added a Wink of Stella to the flowers to make them shine.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:
Stamp sets - Calming Camellia, Two-Tone Flora
Ink - Starr Sky, Old Olive, So Saffron, Highland Heather
Paper - Highland Heather, Basic White
Accessories - Stampin' Trimmer, Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine, Two-Tone Flora dies, Rectangle Stitched dies, Highland Heather Organdy Ribbon, Glue dots




No comments:

Post a Comment