Sunday, February 4, 2018

Painted Celebrations

When I saw the combination of gray/navy together with this stamp set 'Painted Harvest' , I wanted to create one of my own.

I used Sahara Sand instead of Smoky Slate, as I felt the Slate was too dark to pair with the Navy. Although, with this picture... the Sand looks like it blends in with the background here.... It looks so much better in person (wish I could physically show you the card!).

I used the Flourish thinlits (berry sprig) to add to the pop of color within the flower itself. I cut the flower out using my paper snips... a lot of work, but it really does make the flower pop with the dimensionals behind it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamp Sets - Special Celebrations, Painted Harvest
Ink - Sahara Sand, Night of Navy
Paper - Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories - Big Shot, Flourish Thinlits, Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (DTIEF), dimensionals, glue dots, scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment