Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Basket Treats


When I saw these little basket treats on Pinterest. I just had to create some for Easter for my family.
I used the Basket Bunch stamp set along with the Basket Builder Framelits to create them. I purchased the Lindt chocolate bunnies and chicks from Target... they fit right in!

I have to give credit to Amy Koenders for giving me the dimensions and cutting/scoring directions for the basket part. Thanks Amy!

To create this basket, you will need a piece of cardstock 1.5 x 2.75 inches. Score this piece at the .75 and 2 inch mark... and .25 inch along both top and bottom. Cut along the score lines at the top and bottom pieces and also diagonally....like this photo (Thanks Amy!).

Now, I first assembled the front and back portion of the die-cut baskets together before attaching the middle piece you see above. At first attempt.... I just used double-sided sticky tape. Well, let's just say it didn't hold together really well. So, the second attempt.... I used the fine-tip glue pen. And, although you need to hold it together for the count of 10 before moving on to the next section to be glued... this worked out well for me.

I added the flowers and the ribbon last after they dried. I finished it off by placing the chocolate chick and bunnies inside.

Hope you enjoy this and Have a Blessed Easter!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set - Basket Bunch
Ink - Early Espresso
Paper - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach
Accessories - Big Shot, Basket Builder Framelits, Die Brush, Precision Plate, Fine-tip Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Lindt Chocolates, Metallic Ribbon (gold)

No comments:

Post a Comment