Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sweet Lotus




Wow! So happy to have received my new goodies from Stampin' Up! New stamp sets, paper and washi tape! LOL!

I have to say... I was a little apprehensive to try the new Lotus Blossom triple-step stamp set, as I wasn't sure about what colors to use! Ha! There are so many possibilities with this set.

I used Strawberry Slush and So Saffron on my flowers and Smoky Slate on the stems.  I first stamped the 1st stamp in Strawberry Slush, then stamped off (on a scrap piece of paper) then stamped image on card front. Then, I stamped the 2nd stamp in So Saffron and stamped it onto the card from lining up the two points on top. Finally, with the 3rd stamp... I stamped it in So Saffron, stamped off (on a scrap piece of paper) then stamped onto the card front. Whew! I lot of work, but the final product is amazing!  I did the same with the stem. With the 1st stamp in Smoky Slate and the 2nd with Smoky Slate too, but I stamped off on a scrap piece of paper.

This is the first time I used washi tape on my cards.  I believe it really dresses it up quite nicely... the washi tape is adhered to black cardstock, so it looks gray in the background instead of white -- pretty cool!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamp sets - Lotus Blossom, And Many More
Ink - Strawberry Slush, So Saffron, Smoky Slate
Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories - Sweet Sadie Washi Tape, Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment