Wednesday, September 11, 2013

2014 Parent's Calendar - MDSM31

For the past two years, I have created calendars for my parents.... and this coming year is no different. However, I used up all the "people" photos I've wanted to use with the last two.... that I now didn't know what to include in the 2014's calendar.

So, I decided to create one using roses, which are my Mom's favorite flower (although, my Dad will probably not like the calendar too much....hmmmm, maybe I'll make him a car one).

The photos were taken at Oregon's Rose Test Garden.  Beautiful place!  Each rose photo has a Vintage Overlay (in Always Artichoke) on top of the photo and the font used is Cordial (in Whisper White).

Now, for the cover and back.... I was inspired by the sketch on MDS Monday's blog (MDSM31). You may view the challenge here: http://mdsmonday.blogspot.com/2013/09/mdsm31-its-all-about-dsp.html . I really liked how Sue Erickson (one of the samples added) used hearts on hers rather than the rectangles, so I decided mine would need to use flower punches (to go with my flower theme throughout the calendar).  Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Thanks for looking!

 

Supplies Used:
Cover: Embellishments - Grosgrain Ribbon (Kiwi Kiss); Punches - Blossom (filled w/Raspberry Tart DSP zoomed out), Fun Flower (filled w/Raspberry Tart DSP zoomed out); Font - At Last Greeting (Kiwi Kiss)
Calendar Pages: Stamp Brush Set - Vintage Overlays (Always Artichoke); Font - Cordial (Whisper White and Basic Black)
















5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I LOVE your calendar and the roses are absolutely gorgeous; magnificent! They are lush and full of life and beautiful! Your mom will have Great Joy in looking at these photos every day; another gift in her days! And to know she will think of you with a special love, an added bonus! Gor-Jus Diane, I love it!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful calendar! Your mom is going to love it! And how fun that you used our MDS Monday sketch on your cover! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is going to be a beautiful calendar! I really love how you applied the layout for the cover... very clever! Thanks for joining MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous interpretation of the sketch! I love what you've done with the flowers. Also, what a GORGEOUS calendar! How do I order one? haha ;) Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies... now I know my Mom will LOVE this calendar! I do have to add, that I cannot take credit for all those beautiful rose photos. Those were taken by my wonderful husband.... he has a fabulous eye for taking great photos! Thanks so much for MDS Monday's sketch.... it really helped with creating such a beautiful cover for this calendar.

    ReplyDelete