Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Maui - MDSM10


 

I'm back, after spending a week with my sister's family for Easter.  Had so much fun! =)
Finally getting started on my 2011 photo book.  Mike and I took a trip to Maui in January 2011.  Usually, we take our trips to Hawaii in October (around our anniversary), but this time.... we wanted to see the humpback whales, and to make up for the year we didn't go to Hawaii, and to celebrate my birthday early (my birthday is in March)!  We stayed at the Wailea Marriott this time....beautiful place.

I used a sketch from the MDS Monday blog.  You may view the blog here: MDS Monday Blog.
Here is the sketch:

Supplies used:
Background paper - Textured Cardstock (Pool Party)
Stamp Brush Set - Bunch of Backgrounds (Whisper White at 80% opacity), Lemonade Stand (frame - Whisper White)
Embellishments - Festive Blooms (Whisper White), Dahlias (Pacific Point)
Punch - Pennant Punch (Island Oasis II DSP #2), Scallop Pennant Punch (Melon Mambo)
Font - Chaucer (Pacific Point)

7 comments:

  1. really great pages. I love the pretty frame you chose for page one, and the flowers seperating your pennants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I got married (maui'd) in Wailea! Love that you carried your flags through to the matching page. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week. Cute blog header, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yay - a new banner. You're such an inspiration - I always want to change mine, but the month ends before I get around to it. This is a great page, Diane. I love the frame you've used to highlight your photo and also the little flowers you've included inbetween the flags. Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe... you all make me smile. Thanks so very much for all your comments! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blog header, Diane! And love the spread too - The colours are so bright and cheery! I really like how you've used the banner on the 2nd page. Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday, always lovely to see your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I love the new blog header too!!) Your scrap pages make me want to go someplace tropical and fun. The colors you used are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete