Thursday, July 15, 2021

Hoppy Pad

 


I love how this card came out! I was inspired by two of Narelle Farrugia's cards... which you can see here:

Thanks so much Narelle for your inspiration!

There was a lot of masking to create the scene you see here.
I stamped the frog  (from the 'So Hoppy Together' stamp set) first. Then placing a mask (scrap piece of paper cut out with the exact image of the frog) over the frog, I stamped the lily pad (from the 'Lovely Lily Pad' stamp set) that he is sitting on. I used the same technique for the big and small lotus blossom. I then masked (scrap piece of paper cut out with the exact images) each and every stamped image, and stamped with the 'Artisan Textures' stamp over the background for a water scene.

The sentiment is from the 'Sending You Thoughts' stamp set.

I used several different colors here:
The frog is in Mossy Meadow and So Saffron
The flower Petals are in Purple Posy and Highland Heather. The leaves are Just Jade.
The Lily Pads are Mint Macaron and Soft Sea Foam.
The textured background is in Pool Party (stamped off once on a scrap piece of paper to make the tone lighter)

I added a Wink of Stella to the flower petals to make them shine.

Thanks for hopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Lovely Lily Pad, Artisan Textures, So Hoppy Together, Sending You Thoughts
Ink - Memento, Pool Party, Stampin' Blends (So Saffron, Mossy Meadow, Just Jade, Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam, Purple Posy, Highland Heather)
Paper - Highland Heather, Basic Black, Basic White
Accessories - Wink of Stella



No comments:

Post a Comment