Thursday, September 20, 2018

Beautiful Cake

 

Wow! This card was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I saw the card Stampin' Up! created (right), and wanted to create a similar card for my niece. I first cut the individual cake layers and then stamped the border stamps on them. Hmmm.... it didn't look right.  Upon further inspection of the card here on the right, I see that the strip of icing dots is cut around the dots (icing). So, I created more cake layers and then cut around the icing. What a difference it makes. I've only created 2 cards with this particular stamp set... hopefully, this experience won't hinder making another card with this set! =)

Thanks for taking a closer look!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Beautiful Bouquet, Icing on the Cake
Ink - Memento, Peekaboo Peach
Paper - Mango Melody, So Saffron, Whisper White
Accessories - scissors, Big Shot, Little Numbers Thinlits, Banners Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots TIEF, glue dots, dimensionals

 




No comments:

Post a Comment